Sunday, December 21, 2008

When will it end?

I am now a few days past 6 months since I came out of surgery. My aftercare regimen is now far more relaxed but unfortunately, I've developed yet more complications that's freaking out my surgeon a wee bit - I left a message with his staff and he called me back within 15 minutes. To give you an idea how rare this is, my typical wait time ranges between a day to half a week before he'll respond.

So now I'm on this aggressive treatment plan which includes, among other things, me nuking the surgical area with a blast of Betadine solution everyday. I hate Betadine. It has this indescribably foul sour odour that drives me up the wall - it reminds me of death.

I was rather looking forward to passing the 6 month mark. Due to the new aftercare regimen, I get at least an hour back every morning because I don't have to go do painful medical aftercare. But now I've to worry about whether I'm healing right and whether the bleeding complication will get worse. *sigh* Colour me depressed, worried and unhappy.

No comments: