Monday, November 16, 2009

Micro-post: Finally!

I finished watching the miniseries adaptations of Frank Herbert's Dune, Dune: Messiah and Children of Dune by the SciFi channel (no, I'm not going to call it by its new name).

In one scene towards the end, the actor playing Stilgar really hams it up when he declares, "Summon the worms!!!"

Yes, it really takes three exclamation points to do his overacting justice.

I forgive him for hamming it up though. The poor guy spent practically the entire miniseries looking stern and asking whoever is in charge, "Shall I take his water?" (i.e. kill) whenever someone new comes on scene. Ironically, his big scene comes practically immediately after he's killed someone, the only person he "takes the water" of for the entire show. And he didn't even ask anyone if he could do it (as there was no one else in charge).

There's some witty comment that can be made about this, but not by me at 1am in the morning, unable to sleep and in pain.

Poor Stilgar. I feel like that actor sometimes. But at least he gets paid and has a cool Crysknife prop.

*sigh*

No comments: