Saturday, January 12, 2008

Recharging

I returned from my business trip last night and the jetlag is killing me. It was a very long trip with lots of stress. I pretty much subsisted on pub food and very little sleep.

Unlike my previous trips, looking at family pictures on my smartphone just accentuated the fact I missed them terribly and got the waterworks started. I can't say I've ever had that happen to me before - any of you had that experience? Fortunately that was always in the privacy of my hotel room - I don't cotton with the idea of doing personal things at work, particularly if I'm offsite, which I think was my saving grace this time around.

When I saw the kids and my sis last night, I shook with waves of joy and relief! I think if I hugged the kids any harder, they'd pop! Unfortunately, I still didn't have a good night's sleep last night. I think it's because when I'm overtired, I don't sleep well.

I did manage to sneak in a single pathetically short jaunt to the mall during my trip and found some goodies to bring home. As a result, my sis and I were treated to squeals of delight and laughter this morning as the kids played with the knick-knacks I gave them. A very pleasant way to spend a Saturday morning, I must say.

Most of the day is gone and I'm still exhausted. I've done nothing much besides eat and rest and I still feel distinctly unmotivated to do anything, which is unusual. I have a nasty suspicion I have caught a cold, not something I need at this juncture in my worklife.

But I'm home, surrounded by my family with a cuppa beside me. For a lazy Saturday afternoon, that's one form of bliss I'm quite content to have.

No comments: