Friday, February 1, 2008

Evolution

I think everyone evolves as they go through life. I don't mean that folks will grow wings or appendages or whatnot - I simply mean that we don't stay who we are for long.

This entry is the third I've written in the past few weeks but it's the only one I'm posting. When started blogging, it was the right thing to do - I had been journaling in my Moleskine for quite a while prior to that and it was the right time to share my life with my friends and family. I still want to do that...but I'm not sure I'm comfortable having complete strangers looking at my life. This basically means that blogging is out if I want access control over my entries. I'm not entirely sure what medium I should shift to - if any of you have an idea, I'd love to hear it.

I'm coming up to a very important date in my long medical saga - again, one of those things that I'm not going to air details in public on. Suffice to say that it's given me cause to pause and reconsider my course of treatment. This reevaluation is routine; I regularly check to see how I'm feeling and if I'm still feeling okay with the rather intrusive treatment. So far, so good.

I have a pile of paperwork to do - the bane of management everywhere. I suppose I should stop procrastinating and get started on it. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have seen some blog sites (LJ I think) that allow their users to restrict access (i.e. friends only).
Another option might be to set up a forum somewhere that require log-in access to read/post and vetting of user accounts by yourself. One advantage of doing it this way would be that you could have the personal forums for the friends and such, but you could also have a set of forums for 'the condition', which you could use to meet your previously stated goal of helping others in your position. I image there would be something out there that allows different profiles and access by interest group.

Of course we both know that the real trick is finding a site/software that is secure enough to satisfy your privacy requirements.

You could just shift to an e-mail bulletin format, though that is less of an opt-in format that a blog is.

pros and cons to any option.