Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Prestige class

I have just returned from an exhausting trip to Somewhere in the US for a course. Upon completion, they declared me Certified to be the work role I've held for the past half a year. Or certifiable, I'm not entirely sure on that count.

I've learnt a lot and I shall be applying all of it to my work role, which I'm quite excited to do over the next few weeks before surgery. I figure that getting Certified is rather like getting a Prestige class as I certainly don't feel too different other than wanting to keel over from exhaustion. I was hoping for new Feats like Smarter-Than-Thou or Jargon Dazzle, which I actually did receive, both of them as a matter of fact. But I can't bring myself to use them. Yet.

Knowing what I know now, I'm starting to understand how my current company got itself into the situation we have now. I had described our difficulties broadly (without compromising the company reputation) and my two very senior instructors gave me some very interesting advice that I intend to follow. Should be fun.

No comments: