Sunday, September 14, 2008

Digging deeper into the crater

Sorry for the dearth of posts lately. I'm starting to heal better now and can generally do my normal activities except for the occasional sharp stab of pain or two.

Heads have been rolling at work and I have a new boss now. I've also gone from managing one team to...well, an absurd number of teams that I can't even count with fingers on both hands. In short, the work situation's going pear-shaped but the upside is that I'm getting tons of experience that I can't get anywhere else. I'm weighing riding the job into the ground just to get that executive-level experience on my resume. Maybe. We'll see how motivated I am.

The depression's been hitting pretty hard late at night. I'm very sleep-deprived not because I don't get a chance to sleep but because of the nightmares. They're not related to the surgery itself but rather the family troubles afterwards. I'm *this* close to getting some sleep aids from my family doctor. :(

I'm definitely in a mid-life crisis. Spending my nights reading novels or playing games just won't cut it for long. Not really sure what to do anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* you will get through it dear. You are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for! And we will all be here to cheer you on.

Susan said...

Sleeping pills can cause more problems than they solve, I know desperate times call for desperate measures but I sincerely hope you can find another way to help lessen the stress and get some sleep. Have you given thought to meditation type excersises?