Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Owowowowow

I have been trying to get back into some semblance of decent physical shape after nearly a year of convalescence. Let's be clear here - I wasn't a prime physical specimen to begin with, so my expectations were, shall we say, modest and realistic.

Oh gods, I never knew it would hurt so much.

On the plus side, I was also curious to see if I felt any different now that I'm Cured from the Condition. Not surprisingly, I do - my sense of balance has returned to the level that I had when I was a child and can walk with confidence along a balance beam. Not half bad for someone my age. I also appear to have gained a significantly improved muscle sense - very handy in my Pilates classes when I need to target specific muscle groups.

I will confess that as great all of that is, I'm slightly disappointed I didn't gain superpowers like Flight or X-ray Vision or Invisibility. Oh well, I'm sure those will develop naturally someday, which reminds me, it's time for me to stand in front of the microwave again.

No comments: