Monday, March 24, 2008

Happily glowing in the dark

Well, after playing Sins of a Solar Empire rather intensely for the last couple of days, I'm ready to back off for a little while.

Sins is awesome. As with all great games, it consumes spare time like there's no tomorrow. It's been extremely fun and I've won the game a couple of times now. I'm a little disappointed that you get a Victory notification after you've destroyed the last computer player but if you keep going on conquering and exploring, there's no payoff cutscene. That and the pirates were insanely tough, far tougher than the computer players.

The game hasn't crashed, not even once. Kudos to Stardock for that.

Using the Logitech G5 did seem to help quite a bit - moving the game camera/viewpoint around was far more intuitive. Surprisingly, I didn't end up with a sore wrist like I normally do with mice. Maybe Logitech got it right. Quite pleased with it.

What race did I play in Sins? Why, there's only one choice for me: the psychic deviants known as Advents, of course. I mean, cone on - psychic and deviant, together. Who can resist that? :)

Will I keep playing Sins? Absolutely, just not as intensely as I did in the past few days. Sins did its job - it gave me a rare escape from the world, if only for a couple of hours here and there. I need to do that more often...preferably in some manner more productive than computer games but for now, it's what I have so that's what I'll use.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I hear you about the need for escapism. I've got Sims because I love controlling lives, I guess. I have a hankering sometimes to make them fight amongst themselves for no good reason.