Monday, June 16, 2008

Cycling airlock...

I'm here at the hospital with about 2-3 hours left to go before the surgery happens. It's been quite a stressful experience so far, with some sweet spots. I'm glad that my friends came by to visit and that my sis is here too.

I had a serious attack of the doubts last night, as I sat all alone in my hospital room. I mean, what if this is *NOT* the right path for me? What if I'm mistaken and this is just some mid-life crisis?

However, there is evidence that this is the right path - I'm apparently happier, healthier and not as much of an annoyance. :) Heck, my internal users (I manage an internal-facing software team) wished me well and one of them dragged herself back from maternity leave to have lunch with me to see me off.

That's...never happened to me before. It's strange being liked, but that again, that's almost a textbook example of what a successful treatment of the Condition is.

I'm pretty sure this is the right path for me. As a dear friend last night put it, it's like wedding jitters...and that's what this is, pre-surgical jitters.

A kind nurse (who's working at the Hospital today instead of the Residence) came by to tell me a joke that she'd promised to tell me earlier. That was really quite nice of her.

Well, I suppose I should rest or meditate or something before I start climbing the walls. I obviously haven't learnt too much patience in all this. 2.5 hours to go. Whee!

No comments: