Monday, June 30, 2008

Done

In the middle of June, I flew off to another city where one of only two surgeons in Canada capable of doing the surgery performed a procedure on me that cured my Condition once and for all.

Or so the Government of Canada decreed. Insofar as I was concerned, I was "cured" last year when I took a pretty radical step in my treatment plan. But...I'm not going to complain.

Still horribly tired with practically zero energy levels. Unpacking a "welcome home" prezzie that was a Lego kit exhausted me and I hadn't even started building yet. Ack.

I'm seriously thinking of taking an extra week of unpaid leave off work right now.

Some humour that arose when I was chatting with a dear old friend:


Me: Pain's always there. It comes in bursts, like someone is taking a scalpel to me.
N (laconically): That's...because someone did.
Me: *pfffbt* Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
N (drily): You're welcome.

Ah...with such friends, how can I fail? Seriously though, I want to take you all for your support throughout this time. Thank you thank you thank you.

And now, I'm off to bed as I'm seeing spots in my vision. Stupid exhaustion.

No comments: