Monday, October 5, 2009

Bleeding on the Edge

I did my first combined stretching/Pilates/ballet practice tonight. I didn't manage to successfully complete the set as I felt extraordinarily tired. In the afternoon, I had some medical issues that put me out for a while and I think I'm still feeling the aftereffects of it. The thing is, all I wanted to do was to sleep and rest but I chose to push things to see if I could take the added strain. I could, but at a cost. I don't think I'll be repeating it again - next time something like this happens, I'm calling it quits and heading for bedrest.

Yes, I'm still on my diet. No, I haven't strayed away from it yet. My sis is unimpressed and thinks I'm making a mistake. She did have a good point though, that when something like what happened in the afternoon occurs, I impact the whole family, not just myself. I'm not willing to give up my goals, nor delay them too much; there has to be a solution that satisfies both. Something to think about at least.

Well, I've just finished my glass of milk and I'm exhausted so I'm going to bed. Oh, in case you've never had it, skim milk tastes horrid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The filtered stuff (natrel) tastes better.

Katherine said...

I don't think I can get Natrel in Alberta. Their website shows that it's only available in your province. :(