Thursday, January 21, 2010

Micro-post: Shut-in

Life is passing me by and most days, I feel like a shut-in watching the world go past my window, unable to get out and be in the sun.

I'm not entirely sure why this is but I do know that my stress levels are now back to an all-time high. I feel very much out of it, overwhelmed and besieged. I need a vacation and fortunately, getting out of the city every now and then really helps. In this regard, I'm really thankful for my sis, who keeps the lights on at home when I'm off even though she's tired too.

Thanks, Sis - I'll make it up to you in delicious ways once I get my culinary groove back.

4 comments:

Bob B. said...

Are you literally "shut in" because of medical issues or something? Or are you speaking figuratively? Are there any exits visible?

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Katherine said...

Figuratively speaking, fortunately. No, there does not seem to be any exits visible, alas.

Anonymous said...

Kate-

Instead of being my usual self, I'm actually going to try and be helpful. Very simple suggestion. Take control of your life. Start small. Clean a closet. Or a shelf. Fix up something (SMALL) that you've thought about doing for a while. Frequently you've got so many things on your plate you don't know where to start. So you don't do anything. Pick something small. Finish it. Repeat. Get that feeling of accomplishment, and being in control. Then you can go outside.

-Drowning in Silicon Valley

Katherine said...

Ta, G. You're always helpful, if nothing else by just being there and reminding me not to take myself too seriously. I'll have to plan for a trip to your neck of the woods soon...