Sunday, January 10, 2010

*sob*

My Sis and I watched the Doctor Who Series 4 finale/Christmas special the other night, the End of Time. It's the last episode that Tenth Doctor will be in, barring any specials in the future.

I'm not going to include any spoilers here, but suffice to say that his last line was heartbreaking. *sigh*

I'm not usually that taken in by fictional characters, especially those on the telly. However, for whatever reason, I've become rather taken with the Tenth Doctor. To my surprise, his departure put me into a depression, one that I climbed out of once I realized how silly that was and had a good cry to purge any lingering sadness. It worked, after a fashion. As idiotic as it sounds, I miss the Tenth Doctor. *sigh*

You know, I loved the Fourth Doctor for decades. I've fond memories of waiting eagerly for the next episode to air - it was the first real dose of good science fiction I had, given that I didn't have access to sci-fi books when I was a child. No, I wasn't a big fan of K-9 though I did think it was cute.

Romanadvoratrelundar was different. I never wanted to be the Doctor; honestly, I thought he was quite mad and probably not a very safe person to tag along with. On the other hand, Romana was calm, collected and solved matters in a careful, ordered manner. She was cool.

Returning to the present (sic), the Tenth Doctor had a number of endearing qualities not found in any previous regenerations. He was selfless, an incorrigible show-off, never lost his sense of wonderment and in the end, tragically broken. He was probably the most human of all the Doctors and he'd probably think that to be a compliment.

Besides, it didn't hurt that he was tall, smart and irresistibly cute. *swoon*

Yes folks, I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who. I even joke that my transportation uses pre-Rassilon era Gallifreyan technology. In fact, it's so ancient the outside dimensions are actually *gasp* larger than the inside. It is, however, large enough to fit a sofa in the boot, should any Daleks appear.

The Eleventh Doctor will have to be very good to surpass his previous regeneration. That, and his hair's not even ginger.

Disclaimer: no, I haven't gone off my rocker. Yes, I know Doctor Who's just a TV show. Now, if you excuse me, I need to go practice picking the locks off wooden doors with my sonic screwdriver.

No comments: