Friday, September 17, 2010

Skool Daze (days 4 & 5)

I'm home. It's been one long, exhausting week of project management studies where it became very evident to me that while I did some things right, there were a lot more others that I either wasn't aware needed to be done or I had done them incorrectly. It's been a very humbling experience...but I've learnt a lot.

We're grouped into teams of 5-6 students each and it's these other folks that I'll be spending the next 6 months working together on team assignments. I'm fortunate as I have a pretty good team of driven people but who also get along with one another. Some of the other teams weren't so fortunate.

The amount of homework will be crippling. I'm scheduled to read three major chapters of one of my textbooks plus a thick stack of articles in the next two weeks and the workload increases from there. Funny thing is, I'm really excited about it as opposed to dreading it. I think this is because this past week has been such an eyeopener that I'm looking forward to learning more.

No comments: