Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ping

It's been strongly suggested that I spend more time out and about with other people, so that's what I've been doing lately. I'm not sure I'm exactly comfortable with it but it does appear to be bringing more positivity into my general outlook and that's nothing to be sneezed at.

It's been 2 weeks since I last posted an entry and yes, I'm still in hiatus. It feels as if I've reached the crossroads for many aspects of my life, both private and public. In my previous life, I would have chosen a path and bulldozed ahead. It's not so easy anymore. I don't think I've become indecisive, only more...sensitive to the cause and effect of my actions on others around me. Paired with my decision to resume climbing the corporate ladder once more, this makes for interesting choices in the near future.

I've resumed ballet. Yes, I still suck at it. It doesn't help that my balletmistress now carries a Nerf gun that she shoots at people who fail to perform by her standards. It sounds a lot worse than it really is. She's a sweet old lady who's done more for her art than I've been alive, so she's definitely earned the respect she gets the hard way. Of course, she's also a merciless taskmaster who expects nothing but the maximum effort from her students. I haven't been shot at yet. I hope to retain that status if I can.

I'm facing the fact that my health is deteriorating without any discernable cause. I think I'm just generally worn down. In that respect, my Kindle has been a great help in reducing my stress. There was a time back when I was a student where I would go to the library and check out a pile of books then lock myself in the room for a weekend with nibblies and bottles of Coke for a marathon session of sci-fi and fantasy goodness. I can't afford to do that anymore, but reading the Kindle in bed with a hot cup of tea next to me every night is probably the closest I'll get. I'll work on eating better and getting more sleep next.

The kids have been fun lately as I spend more time playing games with them. One of them is turning out to be quite tactically-minded so I'm introducing him to basic wargaming. I'm trying to be your typical good, logical, warmongering aunt to the kids. I'm not sure if I'm succeeding all that well, at least on the warmongering part.

And on that note, I'm going to disappear again. Thank you to those who wished me well in my previous entry. It made a difference.

1 comment:

Bob B. said...

Good to hear from you! Sounds like you have a few positive things happening.