Monday, June 6, 2011

Courage (part 2)

Some of you have been asking what decision I've made and as this isn't going to stay private very long if all of you are asking, I figure I might as well bite the bullet and discuss it here.

I'm planning on doing some aerial training, specifically with tissu and rope. It'll require a high level of fitness so it's a goal within a goal for me. If you're not familiar with this form of performance art, here's an example. Of course, I'm not going to be able to do this anytime soon but it's my hope that I'll be able to do it eventually. Yes, I'm going to get proper training for it. No, I don't know if I'm fit enough to do it at all, so we'll have to see. This is a natural extension for me from ballet and I get to explore all three dimensions with it so it generates all sorts of *squee* feelings in me.

If I'm able to do this and do it well, I can finally say that running away with the circus will be a viable career choice. ;)

4 comments:

Bob B. said...

That's - er - quite the career change, Kate! I'll watch your progress with white-knuckled anticipation :-) I wish I had half as much courage as you.

Katherine said...

Oh, I'm not really quitting my job. This would just be a hobby. The things we do for fun, eh? :D

Dana said...

You will be splendid, dearling!

Susan said...

If you love it then go for it! The fitness will come along the way...