Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Surgery

I'm undergoing surgery today. I'm already in that zone where I can't eat or drink anything at all until the surgery is over. Unlike the previous ones (and there have been far too many), this one is an elective, meaning that I'm choosing to go for it instead of it being medically prescribed. Come to think of it, this is my first true elective surgery. Assuaging my conscience that I'm not truly a narcissist is the fact that in some areas of the world, it is a medically prescribed surgery (just not where I live) for folks like me.

I'm always nervous before I go in for surgery. I think everyone does. This time, it's weighing a little heavier on me because it's not strictly a necessity. Do I harbour doubts whether it's the right thing to do? Yes, but only a little bit - this is something I've been intending to do for years and it wasn't until recently that I realized that the dissatisfaction in not dealing with it was colouring other areas of my life and affecting my relationship with a few others.

It's expensive as all surgeries are. I'm really looking forward to getting things corrected though. Thinking positive thoughts for me today, please?

2 comments:

Bob B. said...

Warm, healing thoughts coming your way. Good luck, as always!

Susan said...

I am sure you will pull through with flying colors! Take care and I wish you well.