Monday, March 16, 2009

Roll of the dice

With people, you can never really know what to expect. People are so unpredictable because the environment we live in is unpredictable. So, when I need to have a serious conversation with a friend, I have always approached it with cautious optimism.

Sometimes, that optimism is dashed by the friend's sudden and unpredictable hostility. Other times, I linger in limbo when I can't tell if my friend's taken it well or not.

Fortunately, it does not appear that I have lost any friends during my round of serious talks with them last week. It's taught me to be grateful that most people are inherently good, even when you shake the foundations of what they know to have been true for most of their lives.

I'm fortunate and blessed to have the friends I have. So to all of you, thank you.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

*hugs* and *huggles* Send me a line or give me a call if you ever need a friend to talk to 'cause I'm always here (maybe distracted by a child or two, but here, I promise.)

Katherine said...

Ta, Jeannie! I most certainly will.