Saturday, November 3, 2007

Silence

For all of my life, I've always had a particular song that I draw inspiration from when times are tough. In fact, my life can be divided into periods, each with a particular song. Sometimes it's a classical piece, other times it could be a little pop ditty. It's kind of like the bagpipe music or drums for troops when they go to war; it stirs the blood and provides encouragement.

During the last month or so when I was unemployed, there was just silence in my head. No song, nothing. It's the first time it's ever happened. I'm not sure what it means quite yet and I'm not sure if it's permanent. Whatever it is, it's different. I guess I'll just have to see what develops, if anything.

I've also realized something over the last month as well. There are some well-known accounts of folks with my Condition but all of them stop shortly after a particular point in their treatment. It's like as if they got Cured and Lived Happily Ever After.

This is, of course, patently false.

A few months back, I considered and decided against starting up another blog that focused on my experiences and coping mechanisms for my Condition, parallel to this one. I've reconsidered it and will be starting it up soon. It's true that once you've reached a certain point in the treatment, things settle down. However, things are subtly different...and that was what kept tripping me up over the last month. This is not a blog for my friends and family and most of you have indicated you're not interested anyway, which is perfectly fine. It's geared towards helping other folks with my Condition learn how to cope mid-treatment. I intend to break the silence on what happens afterwards, in the hope that it will provide some guidance to others in my community.

Why am I mentioning it here? Well...the Sanity Defence is going to go into hiatus for a bit while I ramp up on the other blog. I'll still be posting here but nowhere near as often as before. Don't worry, you'll still get a decent picture of what's happening. :)

No comments: