Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sleep

When I was unemployed, I got a lot of time to sleep as I had no appointments during the day (excepting perhaps interviews) and therefore didn't need to get up early.

Time to sleep does not mean that I actually go to sleep. Most of that time consisted of me staying awake in the middle of the night, or waking up at odd hours worrying about the finances.

Now that I'm gainfully employed (albeit under the standard probation clause), I don't have as much time to sleep. But I enjoy a full night's worth of sleep - I am normally in la-la land the moment my head craters the pillow.

I guess it all makes sense, logically. I do wonder sometimes if the length and quality of sleep is a window into the state of the soul. I'm content, nay, excited about the opportunities I have currently - a big change from the nail-biting stress that weighed me down not a month ago.

I'm starting to like sleep. Maybe I'm getting older or perhaps I'm just calmer. Meh, this is making my head hurt so I'm heading off to bed. Good night!

No comments: