Thursday, April 10, 2008

Xeno's Paradox

Well, I drove to another city for an appointment with my medical case officer yesterday. 3 hours to drive up, 15 minutes to meet with him and another 3 hours to drive home. Whee.

I was hoping this would be the conclusion of a medical epic that I would really really like to close off so I can get on with my life. Alas, it was not to be.

My medical case officer has rendered a decision upon my case and sent off the paperwork to the province for approval. His diagnosis is, I think, the right one but it's now out of his hands. Great, now I get to wait on the provincial government to get off its collective rear ends to render its judgment.

*sigh*

I've contacted the surgeon per my case officer's suggestion and secured a treatment date...which is all for naught if the province sits on my file for months.

I'm soooooooo close to the end I can almost taste it.

UPDATE: Yep, the emotional butterflies in the stomach have taken flight. I know the surgery is the right path, it's the idea of going under the knife again that's causing a great deal of fear and uncertainty. I've had major surgery before but never quite the immobilized-in-bed-for-a-week major. I understand some people go through this alone; I am sooooooooo glad my sister is coming for part of the time, bless her heart.

UPDATE #2: Oh fudge, I guess I'd better get used to binocular astronomy, as I probably won't be able to lift anything substantial post-surgery. *sigh*

No comments: