Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ricocheting off the bottom

I'd like to thank all of you who have expressed their love, support and understanding over the last 24 hours. The experience has been...humbling. I had written the last posting because this blog ties me into the lives of my friends who read it; I also had to project the issue out of me or else I shall explode. I was not expecting this huge tidal wave of support from my friends. Thank you all - you have made it possible to get through the past day.

We have sought some professional help and had a session tonight. Our current relationship is unsalvageable in its present form and we have mutually decided to end it fairly, the details of which I will not go into. Suffice to say that the innocents will be spared from the negativity as much as possible (thank goodness). After this last month, I'm more relieved than anything else that it's finally ending. I believe this is best for all concerned. A part of me knows I'll grieve the loss later when I'm less numb and hurt.

Where we go from there...I don't know. It's complicated but we have both agreed to start over and rebuild our relationship from the ground up, reflecting our changing roles and needs. I hope we move somewhere positive with this and with more love and understanding towards each other than what we had. Before anything else though, I'm going to take some time to heal first. I think I'll start by going upstairs and watch my sleeping children for a bit, to remind myself of what is truly important. Have yourselves a good and pleasant night.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think you both have a lot of greiving and healing to do yet, and that will probably take a very long time. Your friends are here for you both.