Sunday, March 11, 2007

Fondue!

I'm in a fondue phase right now. I just bought a discounted fondue kit from the local Co-op grocery store and some premixed containers of cheese and chocolate fondues.

We tried out the chocolate fondue last night. I was unjustly accused of having a pyromaniacal streak during the lighting of the candle to heat the pot; I would like to point out to those who have oh-so-ever cruelly wronged me that the idea to light it using the brulee torch was NOT my suggestion. As my TRUE friends know, I'm all Sweetness and Light (tm) now. So there! ;-)

The chocolate fondue was quite tasty with fruits and some cut-up pound cake Then I added some brandy because a co-worker had mentioned that it made the chocolate much smoother. Well...it went the opposite way and we ended up with hot chocolate fudge icing which was very difficult to dip using fruit bits. It brought a natural end to the fondue thing, although I suspect I won't be allowed to forget my accidental chocolate-to-fudge-icing transformation for a long time to come, given how much of a pretentious foodie I am. :-P

We're going to try the cheese icing...I mean fondue tonight with the kids. My sis probably won't let me get anywhere near the pot with anything liquidish after last night. *sigh* Food's no fun if you can't experiment.

No comments: