Saturday, September 1, 2007

Cocoa-Baconic Divide

I ran across the Vosges Chocolate Bacon Bar just now. As the blurb says, it's a bar of milk chocolate with bits of bacon in it.

I suspect this would immediately elicit one of two major responses from anyone encountering it, either "Ewww!" or "Bacon! Yum!". I further suspect that one's initial position won't change until one has actually tasted the chocolate bar. I, myself, fall under the first category. I'm quite liberal about what I'll taste but this just seems....wrong. I like chocolate and I like bacon within the constraints of my waistline. I'm just thinking the two of them together isn't such a good idea.

Postulate: gals will strongly respond with "Eww!" and guys will weakly respond with "Bacon! Yum!".
Corollary to postulate above: guys will overwhelmingly respond with "To heck with the chocolate, just give me the bacon!"

Thoughts/votes? Comments now open...

No comments: