Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Limbo

There are two kinds of limbo that I know of (discounting the dance): stressful and relaxing. Relaxing limbo happens when you're on the beach at the start of your vacation, doing nothing but soaking in the sun with a tasty tropical drink by your side. Or just walking along the beach at sunset. Or losing yourself in a beautiful piece of classical music.

Stressful limbo is when you're waiting for something. Like a job offer. Which is apparently supposed to show up "either this afternoon or tomorrow morning". Generally, that's a good thing. However, there are little quirks here that I'm very unhappy about. So I'm stressed.

I generally have quite a bit of patience but this last month has eroded it quite a bit.

*sigh*

UPDATE: Well, it hasn't shown up "this afternoon". So either the job offer's not coming, or it's "tomorrow morning". Great, like I'm going to be able to sleep a wink tonight. It's driving me downright batty.

UPDATE 2: Well, it hasn't shown up "tomorrow morning" either. However, after giving a rather sharp poke at the recruiting agency, they made a verbal offer which was backed up by an official offer shortly after lunch. I've looked through it and accepted. So, I am officially not unemployed anymore but now "between jobs". The position is also middle management, so things will be quite interesting for everyone involved! And yes, God help us all. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yet somehow you accepting a job offer on Halloween seems fitting... ;)